First stop: Inspiration
Merriam Webster defines inspiration as the action or power of moving intellect or emotion. I gain inspiration from the things I hear, see, read, and feel each day. Below are some quotes that I find inspirational.
No one is dumb who is curious. The people who don’t ask questions remain clueless throughout their lives -Neil deGrasse Tyson
You should never view your challenges as a disadvantage. Instead, it’s important for you to understand that your experience facing and overcoming adversity is actually one of your biggest advantages. -Michelle Obama
When we drop fear, we can draw nearer to people, we can draw nearer to the earth, we can draw nearer to all the heavenly creatures that surround us. -bell Hooks
I’m rooting for everybody black. -Issa Rae
Second Stop: Motivation
Google defines motivation as the reason or reasons one has for acting or behaving in a particular way. There are two types of motivation; intrinsic motivation and extrinsic motivation. Intrinsic motivation refers to the reasons within yourself that fuel a specific behavior. Extrinsic motivation refers to the reasons outside of yourself which fuel specific behaviors.
My intrinsic Motivations:
- I want to better my environment and create a positive community.
- I crave learning and I do not want to limit my mind
- I do not want to be left behind as the world advances
- I want to positively affect a wide range of people
- I want to be the best version of myself
- I want to live a comfortable life
My Extrinsic Motivations:
- I want other to look up to me in a positive manner
- I want to make my family proud
- I need money to live comfortably (capitalism is the worst)
Third Stop: Resources
I believe true success can not be obtained alone. There is a saying that says “it takes a village” to show that it takes a group of people to perform a task. Other people may not actively be apart of a task, but they do contribute to your experiences. I have written lines of code on my own, but I gained the knowledge to do so from my peers and other resources. Resources to not only have to be people, they can extend to just about anything.
- My Family (Including my dog, Oliver)
- My partner
- My friends
- My colleagues and classmates